Monday 3 August 2009

This is why we can't have nice things


I've been writing a lot lately, and it's quite lovely to do so. My minds been wondering on other things but this project I'm working on seems to hit everything that I want on the head. Although, this clippet I'm not sure whether to put in. See, this isn't a POV story - its third person, because usually that's far more easier to write in. I have this moment though, it's like an insight to my main characters mind. Somehow I want to place this in, but I'm going to pop it on here for now.

This was one of the things that reminded me of home, Central Park, it was like a palace of solidarity in this jungle of a city. The benches were so familiar, the cold metal froze my fingertips in place - it was like a magnet to stopping time. I could see why he wanted to meet me here.
Part of me stung though, as I watched his wirey lips contort into a worried crooked smile. It irritated me that after all this time he was finally wording the perfect things I had always wanted him to say. Time after time, oh how I had practically screamed inside my head.
"He's not the only choice for you, you know," He murmured, drawing his blue eyes to the floor.
I pursed down on my bottom lip as the perfect words were waiting to seep at the, oh so, imperfect time.
"Before, when you said that you wanted me..." He trailed off before grasping his line of stare to mine, "You know that I'm no good for you." He said in a clear statement.
"Then, what do we have to talk about then?" I asked defensively.
The first time he had painfully rejected me was bad enough, I could feel part of the stitches forcing at the seams as his eyes challenged mine.
"However difficult that is to deny, I never said that I didn't want you either." He said softly.
My heart stumbled in my chest, at some point in that simple sentance it had leaped into the pit of my throat. I could remove my stare from his as my eyes widened involentry. Of all the the times to do this...
"I guess, seeing you with him makes me realise how much I do want you - and simply I can't stay away from you anymore." he paused and furrowed his brow seriously, "All I am saying is that you have more than one choice here." He finished before wrapping a crooked smile around his mouth.
Part of me wanted to run, run as far as this land would take me - or at least until I passed out. My heart beat was irregular as his smile continued to hand in with his words and confuse me. It would be so easy to give in, to let the sting of honey to flow freely around my chest but it was tainted. It wasn't just him that gave me that kick anymore. It wasn't just me and him waking up in a hotel room, because now there were three in this.
"Your timing is impecably ridiculous," I worded finally.
My hands desperately found my face and wound through my caramel hair.
"True," He agreed with a small chuckle before becoming gravely serious again, "But I need you to understand that I'm not walking away from you because the way that you're looking at me now tells me not to leave. I will fight for you Eppy," He murmured before whispering, "Like I should have years ago," Although I wasn't sure if I was meant to hear that.
"I don't really like the idea of picking between two men," I grimaced, my tone slightly acidic as I stared at the grey pavement.
"It's my fault," He sighed as he shifted closer towards me - thighs brushing.
"No it's not." I stated almost angrily.
My eyes instantly flickered into his as it dawned how close to me he was now. This wasn't anyones fault, it was just fates sick way of attempting to play cupid. Even if he had said that he wanted me on that fateful Monday morning, I still would have bumped into Alex outside the coffee shop. Thus that feeling returning. Fate was a bitch.

That's all I have at the moment, it's further on in the story so I haven't actually reached it yet but if I didn't write it down I would have forgotten about it. Haha.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing! And yes, just like in books, movies, and real life, it is ALL the other guy's fault! And now alex is gonna get screwed over by eppy! ahhh sorry x]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologise for the mistakes btw, I've used BETA so its all good now :)
    And thats so true! The other guy always messes everything up haha. And it might no neccesarily work like that :P But ill link you when I post this on a site somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh don't worry about it! haha yup, just like "the other woman." yes, please do! :)

    ReplyDelete