Monday 15 June 2009

My stuff.


I think it's time for something new on here; so I've decided to do one blog every week or so on stuff I think that everyone should go and check out.

For a start I've been listening to a lot of music that I had blaring through my ears about three or four years ago. It was around the time when I really got into music and listening to this stuff now - it still sounds are great as it did back then. But theres two albums that are on my top 25 on itunes at the moment.

Now I can tell what you're thinking, "Ugh, another greatest hits album." But to be honest, this album, its bloody awesome. The songs are diverse against the stuff they've written recently. I have to say, not a fan of the new album, but this ones an awesome compilation of what makes Green Day awesome.

Ah, 'Where You Want To Be' - the first album in which TBS had Fred on their writing squad. Let's cut to the chase here, its their best. The songs are so clear cut, and the lyrics are emotionally intricate with not a sign of single sheeted aspects in view. I love this record, and lately its been played a lot because the songs never die in my terms. Go check out both of these Cd's - I can say that you won't be disapointed.

Also, conveniently, today is the day that Clandestine are releasing the highly anticipated 'Clandy Crunch' line - which is basically a made up breakfast cereal. That companies come along way from the orginal line. One of my favourite hoodies though, has to be said, the most recent 'Valentine' themed. It was made for Pete's kid 'Bronx' and was also the first hoodie in the Jenson series. It also happens to be my favourite.
Unfortunately I don't own this one, since there were only 100 ever made - but I still think its insane. You simply have to agree.

And finally - anyone that is aware of my love toward horror movies will be aware that lately with the release of 'drag me to hell' its clear there has been decline in good horror movies. In fact, the last time I saw a horror film that genuinely scared me was 'stephen kings IT' and thats one hell of a old movie. Anyway, one of the short novels in the 'books of blood' by clive barker has been made into a film, "Dread." Now, everyone has been bitching on the IMBD boards that its going to be rubbish because its going to be too different. I think not. It's going to be different because the book is only twenty pages long. Personally I think its going to be awesome.

Oh yeah, it has Jackson in it as well, but I didn't know that until a couple of weeks ago. I think this will be good for him though, the part in Twilgiht really does not portray how good of an actor he is. Shame really. But go watch it when it comes out. I'll post another blog sometime soon when I know when that is.

Helen out!

No comments:

Post a Comment