Saturday 9 May 2009

You know how I do.


"This is a bad idea, oh this is a damn bad idea." The words trembled from your lips in a whisper.

Its summer in mid-town, the trembling sun creeps behind the overcast clouds and the sidewalk waits patiently for a thunderstorm. I am in New York, you are in Chicago. Part of that statement makes my heart tremble, because where this is isn't where either of us are meant to be. I stole your honey, and you drank mine - both far to innocent to see what was directly in front of us. And you know what? Yesterday that wouldn't have mattered but the voices that line the streets scare me now your gone. The thunderstorm strikes commencing the rain to pound down hard onto the cold hard ground outside. On cue the phone rings and your soothing voice calms my tears, but what for?

"For you silly," A smile send shivers down my spine, I'm gonna sleep tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment